We are looking for an experienced chef to join the friendly team at a 20 bedroom care home for the elderly. We are currently looking for an alternate weekend chef to work Saturdays and Sundays. Working hours are 8.00am – 2.00pm.
You will prepare and serve nutritious meals in line with our residents needs for breakfast and lunch.
Requirements of Chef
- Experience in a busy kitchen.
- Applicant should have achieved necessary Food Hygiene and Safety Certificates.
- Own transport essential.
Responsibilities of Chef
- Prepare and cook a balanced nutritious diet in line with service users’ needs within a controlled hygienic environment for breakfast and lunch.
- Monitor stocks and control systems of food allocation to minimise wastage.
- Perform other such reasonable duties as may be required
- Working on your own initiative.
Benefits for Chef
- Competitive salary.
- A free lunch.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Opportunity to progress within a forward-thinking company.
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Additional hours will be available to cover holidays/sickness.
If you feel like you’d be a great fit for the role, either submit your CV and covering letter or call 01237 476176 for an interview.